All programs are free of charge.
This summer, students created gizmos at public libraries in Bath, Yarmouth, Monmouth, Damariscotta, Gorham, and Windham.
- Wells - September 12 - RoboPots at Wells Public Library. Contact Jade Austin.
- Ellsworth - September 19 - RoboPots at Ellsworth Public Library. Contact Keli Gancos.
- Westbrook - September 22 - RoboPots at Walker Memorial Library. Contact Kara Reiman.
- Sanford - September 26 - RoboPots at Goodall Memorial Library. Contact Deidre Walsh.
- Auburn - September 29 - RoboPots at Auburn Public Library. Contact Deb Cleveland.
- Winslow - October 18 - RoboPots at Winslow Public Library. Contact Samantha (Sam) Cote.
- Damariscotta - November 3 - Invisible Xylophone at Skidompha Library in Damariscotta. Contact Sophie Gagnon.
- Liberty - November 7 & 14 - RoboPots at Liberty Library. Contact Barb Rehmeyer.
- Bar Harbor - November 10 - RoboPots at Jesup Memorial Library in Bar Harbor. Contact Mae Corrion.
- Fort Fairfield - November 17 - Fort Fairfield Public Library. Contact Diana Leighton.
About the Programs
We currently have two active programs: RoboPots and Invisible Xylophone.
- During RoboPots, students craft clay plant pots and then rig the electronics to make the pots self-watering. More information on RoboPots is here.
- During Invisible Xylophone, students create a wand that plays music when you wave it. More information on Invisible Xylophone is here.